Saturday, May 14, 2022

I love my deck birding!

 2022-05-14 Mostly want to let everyone know I am still around. Noticed I have not posted for years!

With my severe COPD and need for a continual high flow of oxygen, I am primarily hanging out inside at home. But I really enjoy my deck birds. I have my binocs and camera(s) within reach from my kitchen table and shoot many photos a day without getting up and spooking the birds. I feel a need to share, but mostly seem to lack the energy to do it.

Anyway, here are a few recent pics I hope you enjoy.

Want to share a couple Ruby-throated Hummingbird pics.
Finally got a pic showing its namesake. The lighting was not the best, nor the focus, but Ill take it. The second pic shows what you might normally see. Need to have the light at the right angle to the throat to see the blaze!






And here are a few pics of Baltimore Orioles that I like. I have literally hundreds to sort, select, crop, and so on, but need to find the time and energy. Some day I would like to do a long "monograph" of color variation in these birds.

Female gathering alpaca fur for nest material

Male flying off the edge of camera shot

Male Oriole in flight - lucky timing - I like this!

Anyway that's it for now. I just wanted to get something "out there". I will try to do better, but seem to have so much to do just "keeping on". Stay tuned...

No comments: